To meet the global and European challenges of reducing the GHG emissions from the construction sector, Build-in-Wood will develop a sustainable and innovative wood value chain for the construction of multi-storey wood buildings. The ambition of the project is to make optimized and cost effective wood construction methods common practice in the European construction sector.
Build-in-Wood will address this challenge by innovative development of materials and
components as well as structural systems and façade elements for multi-storey wood buildings fit for both new construction and retrofitting. Developments will be tested, piloted and fully documented for immediate market uptake. Active engagement of selected cities will strengthen the urban-rural connections.
The project aims to lay the foundation for post-project full scale construction projects using developed solutions.
The mission of the Build-in-Wood project is:
- To make wood a natural choice of building material for the construction of multi-storey buildings
- To decrease GHG emissions in the European building sector
- To establish an innovative and sustainable European value chain for multi-storey wood buildings
- To improve the connection between rural and urban areas and to contribute to sustainable urbanisation
- To increase the productivity of the building sector
- Date: September 2019-August 2023
- Funded EU
- NEB Value Sustainability
- Location Gregersensvej 1 2630 Taastrup, Denmark, Denmark
- Application category Building | Innovation | Urban Design
- Related Technical Working Group Production and construction