What is it?
Rabbit is an open-source plug-in for McNeel’s Grasshopper that simulates biological and physical processes.
Rabbit comes with a set of 13 components allowing you to model cellular automata and L-systems directly inside Rhino and Grasshopper 3D. It provides an easy way to explore natural phenomena such as pattern formation, self-organization and emergence.
Cellular automata are simple computer programs that can generate complex behavior. Cellular Automata have been widely used to model city growth and urban sprawl. RABBIT provides an easy way to run multiple types of Cellular Automata straight into Grasshopper & Rhino.
L-systems have been extensively used to model natural phenomena and plant growth. They find application in generative urban models, in generative art and music. RABBIT can create 2-D and 3-D L-systems using the special Turtle & L-System components.
What’s new in Rabbit 0.3.2?
- Compatibility with Grasshopper 0.9.XXXX
- New icon set
- Cellular Automata: Support for 1D Cellular Automata
- Cellular Automata: Support for Excitable Media Cellular Automata
- L-Systems: Support for length scale
- L-Systems: Support for angle scale
- L-Systems: Support for Thickness of the skeleton
- L-Systems: Support for custom tube profiles
- L-Systems: Support for inserting geometry along the way of the turtle
Who is it for?
Directly from the developer’s website
Are you a digital solution provider? Be visible to the NEB community now!Learn more