Nature-Based Solutions: The LIFE-myBUILDINGisGREEN project
In this course, we share the experience obtained during the execution of the LIFE-myBUILDINGisGREEN project, where we will show you some general issues of Nature-Based Solutions, the construction projects in the three pilot buildings of the project and the first results obtained from monitoring the effectiveness of Nature-Based Solutions.
This online course consists of 4 modules, divided into thematic units.
MODULE 1: INTRODUCTION TO CLIMATE CHANGE AND NATURE-BASED SOLUTIONS
- Climate change adaptation in Portugal and Spain
- What are Nature-Based Solutions
- Bioclimatic strategies
MODULE 2: NATURE-BASED SOLUTIONS
- NBS for roofs
- NBS for façades
- NBS for rainwater management
- Biodiversity management-based solutions
- Complementary material
MODULE 3: EXPERIENCE OBTAINED DURING THE IMPLEMENTATION OF NBS UNDER THE FRAMEWORK OF LIFE-myBUILDINGisGREEN
- Solana de los Barros (Badajoz, Spain)
- Evora (Central Alentejo, Portugal)
- Porto (Northern Portugal, Portugal)
- Other prototypes: draining pavements
- Catalogue of plant species for roofs and façades
MODULE 4: MONITORING AND IMPACT EVALUATION OF NBS
- Complete monitoring scheme of the project
- Methodology of indicators related to thermal confort and water management
- Impact of NBS in LIFE-myBUILDINGisGREEN
The time needed to complete the course is estimated to be equivalent to 4 teaching hours.
Who is it for?
The workshop is aimed at a wide audience that has some kind of relationship with Nature-Based Solutions in educational and social centres, such as managers of this type of buildings, authorities with competencies in green infrastructure, climate change or education, professionals in architecture, civil engineering and landscape architecture, educational community, etc.